Public Auto Auctions
Milne Towing Services conducts two auctions every month on a recurring basis, rain of shine. The first auction occurs on the second Saturday of each month, with registration starting at 9:00 a.m. and bidding starting at 10:00 a.m. The second auction occurs on the fourth Wednesday of each month, with registration starting at 11:30 a.m. and bidding starting at 12:00 p.m. (noon). The Saturday auction typically has more vehicles and a better selection of vehicles compared to the Wednesday auctions.
- All bidders must register at the office prior to previewing vehicles.
- All Bidders must present identification prior to the auction.
- A refundable $100 CASH deposit is required at time of registration.
- Bidder will be issued a Bidder Number and a list of vehicles to be auctioned.
- In the event that the Bidder does not purchase a vehicle at the auction his or her deposit will be refunded within 30 minutes after the last item is auctioned.
- In the event that the Bidder is successful at a bid, his or her deposit will be applied to the purchase price of the vehicle.
- In the event the Bidder buys more than one vehicle, his or her deposit will be applied to the last car removed from the auction site.
- Bidder acknowledges that an auction site is a potentially dangerous place and immediately upon registration, if not before, shall so notify his agents, servants, employees and others accompanying him/her.
- The auction site shall include all areas being utilized for any purpose related to the auction event, including, but not limited to: parking areas, concession areas, display lot, or actual bidding area.
- Bidder agrees that every person at the auction site shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk.
- Bidder further holds harmless and has no claim against Milne Towing Services, the auctioneer, his agents, servants or employees for any loss, damage, injury, liability, cost or expense of whatsoever kind or nature (including attorney fees and costs) for any injury or death to any person or persons whomever.
- No person under the age of 15 shall be permitted on the auction site.
- No pets.
- Bidders are responsible for closely inspecting each item.
- Buyer understands that he/she is buying the property entirely upon his/her own examination or opinion and should inspect the item carefully before bidding.
- Each lot is sold “AS IS, WHERE IS” and with all faults and defects and at buyer’s risk.
- Neither Milne Towing Services nor the auctioneer makes any guarantee or warranty expressed or implied as to, but not limited to: conformity to any safety design, pollution standard, law, regulation, fitness for any particular purpose, authenticity, merchantability, age, year of manufacture, model, serial or other numbers, condition or mileage of any vehicle.
- All sales are final, no refunds or returns.
- The buyer shall pay all costs of any repairs, loading and removal, and be responsible for all damages incurred because of loading and removal.
- Buyers are strongly encouraged not to invest any money in a vehicle purchased at auction until a title has been perfected and is in hand.
- Beginning January 1, 2018, Nevada DMV participates in the National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS - https://www.vehiclehistory.gov/). Vehicle title condition (Salvage, Total Loss, Rebuilt) is subject to change and reclassification by any agency reporting to the NMVTIS without warning, without prior notice, without your approval and may not controlled by Milne Towing Services. Your participation in the auction is an acknowledgement of this possible title reclassification that may occur after the auction has completed.
- Only Body Shops, Salvage Pools, Authorized Repair Facilities and Authorized personnel may purchase a vehicle marked Salvage.
- CASH or valid DEBIT or CREDIT card with photo Identification.
- Nevada state Sales Tax (8.265%) applies to all purchases and must be collected at the time of sale unless the Buyer presents a valid Nevada resale certificate.
- Milne Towing Services has keys made for certain vehicles as it sees fit. The price for the key is noted on the vehicle list given to Buyer at time of registration. Bidder is responsible for the cost of the key, if any.
- Note that Buyer is purchasing Milne Towing Service’s lien on the vehicle and this lien must be presented to Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles in exchange for a Nevada Motor Vehicle Title. Milne Towing Services will guarantee the lien paperwork package for 30 days from the date of sale only; if there is a problem with lien paperwork Milne Towing Services will attempt to help with Nevada DMV, but if no title can be obtained Milne Towing Service’s liability shall be limited to the actual purchase price of the vehicle plus any sales taxes collected.
- Milne Towing Services further cautions Buyer to perfect the title at the DMV before investing money in the vehicle.
- Milne Towing Services reserves the right to bid on all vehicles.
- Milne Towing Services reserves the right to accept or reject any bid or refuse admittance to any bidder.
- Buyer may remove his or her vehicle after full payment has been made to the cashier at the end of the auction.
- No vehicle may be worked on or removed before the auction has ended.
- All vehicles must be removed from the auction site before 5:00 p.m. the Tuesday after the auction date.
- Milne Towing Services will accept payment until 12:00 p.m. on the day of the auction and from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. on the Monday and Tuesday following the auction.
Dedicated to Quality Service
Serving private, commercial and industrial customers in the Truckee Meadows since 1954, Milne Towing Services is the region’s most experienced and respected tow company. Operating one of the largest fleets of state-of-the-art equipment with well-trained professional operators, Milne Towing Services will provide you with a no-hassle, damage-free towing experience.
We are not your average tow company. Our goal is to make sure that you get extraordinary service, value and care whenever you work with us. You can be assured when you call Milne that you will speak with a knowledgeable and helpful dispatcher who utilizes our Rapid Response Dispatch System to provide an accurate quote and promptly get you help. Your Towing Specialist will personally call you in-route so you know when they will reach you.
We understand that you are looking for the best value for your money. You can rest assured that the best company in the region also provides the best price in the region.